Phased Return to Swimming
We are looking forward to a phased approach to getting swimmers back into the pool very soon – fingers crossed mid August. To help plan session times based on water time provided by DCLT we need to find out how many swimmers will be returning and ask a few health related questions required by Swim England to ensure all swimmers, coaches, and volunteers are kept safe.
Please complete the following questionnaire by no later than Monday 13th July, it should only take a few minutes.
For any that choose not to complete the form, we will assume you are no longer returning to the club.
Return to Swimming Guidance
Following the DCLT guidance, the below information is essential for all parents to understand before completing the form:
- Parents will NOT be allowed in any centre. Parent’s are allowed to wait outside with their athlete before the session but will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- 3 lanes will be made available for use, restricted to 8 per lane.
- Entry to the pool will be staggered into 5 minute slots, at any one time only 8 athletes will be allowed in the changing room and onto poolside. For example at 18:25 Group 1 will arrive into the building, enter via the main changing room and onto poolside. Group 2 will arrive at approximately 18:30 and Group 3 approximately at 18:35. If you are late you will not be allowed to join that session so please arrive on time.
- No showers or changing room facilities will be available.
- Strict social distancing will be in place on poolside
- All swimmers must arrive ‘beach ready’ – arrive in their swimming kit, dryrobes, gowns etc will be a good purchase at this stage.
- DCLT would prefer the athletes to use the facilities equipment if required.
- Exiting the facility will be the same as arrival, in 5 minute slots in groups of 8, please exit the facility as quickly as you can. You are advised to leave the facility in your swimming kit, this is where the dryrobes come in handy 🙂